Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Poached Eggs!

Oh my goodness! I poached eggs yesterday to make eggs benedict for my bf and I for dinner (in the way of needing groceries but he's been at night school and I've been too tired in the mornings to drive him to work so I can have the car to use during the day, heh). 


I've never poached an egg before or attempted eggs benedict, didn't really even have the stuff for it but hey, you make do right? 


We had some powdered hollandaise sauce stuff so I didn't have to worry about attempting to make that from scratch. 


I used a video from Food Wishes to learn about poaching eggs and then, bam, took the plunge. My eggs weren't as fresh as they probably should have been but they worked! I brought my water up to a simmer and added some white vinegar before dropping the eggs in. Before hand I cracked the eggs into a little bowl so I could make sure the yolk didn't break. This was so awesome!!! It worked. The hollandaise from the packet was a little  salty and came out thicker than I wanted but all in all it was really great. Also, I used ham instead of Canadian bacon (but isn't ham sort of like Canadian bacon?) I also just toasted up some bread in the frying pan versus using an english muffin or bagel because we didn't have either... AND our toaster oven AND toaster broke! How funny is that? Haha.


I should have taken some photos or something but I wasn't really thinking too much about blogging, hehe. So, that was my new meal. I've been putting some recipes together that I want to try but still haven't been able to get to the grocery store, booo, hopefully tomorrow I will be picking up some groceries and then more cooking will begin!! 


Anyone have ideas/requests for me to try? I will try to get photos up next time.

No comments: