Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Mini Drugstore Haul

Hi ladies! (and gents? haha) There was a Revlon buy one get one 50% off at my Walgreens and I'd been wanting to try Revlon's Colorstay foundation so I got it! I also got a couple of lipsticks to try. All four things ended up costing me $33, not too shabby.


Here are some photos of what I got but I haven't tried any of it out yet so I will put up another post with a review. I am also working on my Black Friday/Cyber Monday haul post. Hopefully none of my family members read my blog ;-)




Here is the entire haul photo (only 6 items but after not buying ANY cosmetics that's a big haul, lol)




















I am not a huge lipstick wearer but to get 2 for the price of one was too tempting. I've also been working on whitening my teeth (boo for not being able to drink much coffee) so I want to highlight that with new lip colors! These two lipsticks are, as I said, Revlon... Fabulous Fig (009) is a dark wine/plum color and it is a matte finish. Kiss Me Coral is a really lovely bright, well, coral! Haha. It is part of Revlon's super lustrous lipstick and it is a creme finish.























Next I got the Revlon Colorstay foundation as I'd been seeing a lot of videos featuring it and giving it RAVE reviews. I've ALWAYS had the problem of looking white/washed out in photographs and everyone has said that this foundation works great with photos. I couldn't find any translucent Revlon colorstay powder so I got the Photoready powder to set the foundation.























Here are swatches of both the lipstick and the foundation (I took these with my iPhone). The color of the lipstick doesn't really look true to life, sorry about that. The Fig is not THAT dark.. neither is the coral. I swatched these on the inside of my arm which is a little bit more pale than my face but I am confident the foundation should work! Stinks that you can't swatch things in the drugstore :-(


















I am so excited to add to my collection of Sonia Kashuk rushes. I have a crease brush (the bristles are black) and I think it is the regular eye shadow brush (with brown bristles.) These (and my other brushes) are SO SOFT! I cannot wait to use this little smudge brush as all my other brushes are too large to get a nice line of color along my bottom lash line... I always end up having to clean it up with a qtip.






















If any on you have a Target in your area I highly recommend getting yourself some Sonia Kashuk brushes! I think these were between $6-$7 so they are very affordable.

No comments: