Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I cheated!

Happy Tuesday!

I weighed myself this morning and was 146.5. I had pizza and drinks on Sunday so I wasn't surprised to learn that I hadn't lost any weight. I also only ran 2 days this week because I caught a bit of a cold and felt like I was getting shin splints.

Be careful for those runners out there that are just getting started... make sure you warm up well and stretch stretch stretch!! Muscles are so much more prone to injury in cold weather. I felt it was best for me to take a break and make sure I wasn't injured than to push myself just to make sure I was meeting my goal. Sometimes things happen :-(

I'm feeling a little bad about my pizza and drinks and that I gained back a pound but I'm not going to let that interfere with me continuing to exercise... or to make me feel bad about myself!! Bah!

It's 22 degrees here (feels like 10) today so I will be doing Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance in the house.

If anyone has tried this or wants to but is intimidated... don't be!! You can modify a lot of the exercises for beginning levels and just slow it down if, at first, it is too fast-paced for you. That's what I do for a lot of the jumping and push-ups. I'm just not that strong yet... but I make sure that I stay moving and try my hardest.

Have a great week everyone!! I will definitely be back with a post next Tuesday but there may be another one this week :-)

No comments: