Tuesday, March 15, 2011

13 Days at the Gym!

Happy Tuesday Ladies and Gents! :-)


I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and a great start to the week. I love Tuesdays. I feel like it's Wednesday today for some reason.


The scale said 143 today. Woo! 


I went to a group Spinning class last night. Oh my goodness. I am definitely not a fan of bikes but I really wanted to try this because I've heard great things about how it makes you feel and how many calories you burn over 45 minutes. Ladies, Gents, I was DRIPPING sweat! These ladies in the class were CRAZY! 


I had a lot of fun despite being a bit discouraged that I was WAY behind everyone and couldn't always do what the instructor was shouting for. 


The class was held in a rather small room with about 20-30 stationary bikes. The lights were kept off and it was rather chilly in the room when I first got in (thank goodness for that or I'd probably have passed out from being too hot). The instructor was really great and helped me set up the bike. When I was first pedaling with them and standing up on the bike it was really difficult. I don't think I had my positioning correct so it was REALLY burning a lot in the tops of my thighs so I sat quite a bit. However, toward the end of the class I finally got my positioning right and it was AWESOME!


I thought I was going to be dead in my legs today but I'm not.. i don't know if this is because I wasn't doing it right or running has helped out my stamina. Anyways, I will definitely be trying this again. Maybe next Monday :-)


I ran outside on Sunday for a 3.5 and got it down in 35 minutes. I'm going to start doing two days running outside to train for a 5k (3.5 miles) in May.


If anyone else lives in the North Shore you should look into this walk/run. 
NEPC Cool Kids 5k


This race is to raise money for the New England Pediatric Care
New England Pediatric Care


There is an option to walk or run and there is a raffle, food, and music after the race finishes. I've done this (walking) the past two years and it is just incredible. Everyone is just really amazing and friendly. If you are interested in running (or walking!) the NEPC Cool Kids 5k link will take you to a page where you can register. 


If you are interested in donating you can follow the link below :-) Please let me know if you decide to go as I would LOVE to meet any of you
Donate to NEPC

Thanks so much for reading my blog!!
NEPC Cool Kids 5k

No comments: