Saturday, March 12, 2011

Late Update

Sorry I didn't post on Tuesday!


My weigh-in was 143.5. I'm down 1/2 a pound, lol. I had quite a few treats this week that I probably shouldn't have... 4 cookies! :-( Chocolate is seriously my weakness.


I WAS eating those calcium chews in a chocolate flavor but they've become disgusting to me. I'm still forcing myself to eat them because I use Depo Provera as a birth control and it's been proven to deplete calcium in women's bones and I'm not a big milk drinker. I don't want to have any kind of bone related illness when I'm older so I'm trying to prevent that. Anyone have any suggestions?


My trainer canceled on Tuesday.. it made me really disappointed but I've still been going to the gym. My running has gone up to 3 miles on the treadmill in 26 minutes. That's about 8 minutes a mile. I WAS at 10 minutes so that's cool :-) I've dropped 2 minutes!


I discovered an AWESOME way to do squats... that I'm sure you've all heard of, lol, but I'm going to share anyway.


Using one of those big bouncy balls between your back and the wall.. just above the small of your back. You lean against that with your feet slightly out so that you ARE actually balancing against the ball and then you slowly roll down into a sitting position where your thighs and butt are parallel to the floor and then slowly slide back up. 


I think I've been doing squats ALL wrong since this has totally killed my thighs with like 20 less squats. I have an exaggerated curve to my back that this has alleviated. 

No comments: