Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Beauty Review 1 - 2013 Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner

Happy 2013 Beauties!

I'm here to share with you my first beauty product review of 2013. Ooooo.

I received the Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner as a gift. I'm honestly not the biggest fan of liquid liners; firstly because I'm not good at using them (I've tried several brands/tips) and secondly because I don't adore the harshness of the lines they create. I like a more blended line like what you get with an eye shadow.

However, this liner is incredibly easy to use and I find I can achieve a VERY thin line with it which is far superior to the chunky lines of other liquid liners I've tried (L'Oreal Carbon Black Telescopic Precise Liquid Eyeliner, Milani Eye Tech liquid eyeliner, Wet n Wild Mega liner).

I went to bed with this on (whoops) and when I woke up it was all pretty much still there save for the very ends where I flicked it out for a subtle cat eye. I found that had flaked off somewhat and may have transfered to my lower lashline? Haha. That smudge could also have been from the mascara I didn't take off though. 



Photo credit: Shalya at Northern Exposure

Sephora ($15) states:

What it is:

A precision, accentuating black liquid eyeliner.

What it does:
Featuring a long-lasting pigmented formula, this black eyeliner has an easy-to-apply, pen-style nib, allowing you to create thick feline flicks and defined lines for a smudge-proof finish. Apply a thin line along the lash line and inner rim or smudge outside the rim for a sultry, smoky effect. This gratifying, color-intense liner doesn't flake or fade and adds a unique touch to any look.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

To me this liner stood up to this description (the flaking after bedtime wear doesn't really factor in right?). It is intensely black after one swipe across the lash line (versus both Milani and Loreal needing several coats to eliminate any bare areas), did not distribute carying levels of product, and it was very precise despite my novice hand.   I would definitely recommend this product for anyone wanting to graduate from pencil/eyeshadow lining to liquid. It is like a lip stain marker (Revlon Just Bitten) for your eye!

1 comment:

samantha ramage said...

i am always interested in trying new eye liners- and this one is a great price! i must keep it in mind for when mine runs out!

xo
sami