Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Recap - Looking Forward

It's nearly the start of 2013.

Everyone is now thinking of what they should've/could've/would've in 2012 and will be restarting/restating goals for 2013 that weren't accomplished in 2012.. 2011.. 2010.

I'm not any different I suppose. I'm still struggling with losing weight despite being in the gym 4-6 days a week. My body has changed even if the scale hasn't so I guess my 2012 goals of weightloss weren't completely a failure. I may be a similar weight but there's more shape to my legs, my arms, my shoulders.. I've put on muscle. This should help me with losing weight in 2013. I have to get my diet in check.

I also have to get my spending/saving in check. I have near to nothing in the bank but nothing to show for it either. How does that happen? Where does it go? In 2013 I will NOT be asking myself that question.

I feel like my posts lately have been in the same vein but so far there is little action behind it. Apologies. Not that I'll really keep a tally on here of what I'm saving/spending but I will let you guys know, vaguely, if/when I'm successfull or not.

I also want to revisit the set up of this blog. I don't like it. I feel like everytime I change my template it doesn't look like the template when I "view blog." What is up with that? I don't know.


Changing gears:

I had a lovely Christmas with family.. my Godson is 1. He is incredible. It was truly amazing to watch him play with his new toys and take some real steps... he's very nearly walking on his own... but he rushes it and ends up taking little tumbles. Funny to remember my parents telling me not to be in a rush to grow up... and now I want to tell him the same. Take it easy little man.. before you know it you'll be wishing for the days when we carried you everywhere and would fight over who got to hold you while you fell asleep.

I know the reasons for Christmas are time with family, friends, giving thanks for everything that you have... but you can't talk Christmas and NOT talk gifts, right?

I got a Clarisonic Mia from my Aunt and used it for the first time last night. I can honestly say I already feel a difference in my face. Even today it feels cleaner (I didn't do more than a rinse this morning after waking up). However, I'm still struggling with dry skin. Around my nose and along the tops of my cheeks are so dry. I've used Ponds my whole life but it isn't cutting it right now. My Aunt got me some products to go with the Clarisonic including an Elizabeth Arden moisturizer so we'll see if that makes a difference.



I also got several charms for the Pandora bracelet my boyfriend bought me for my birthday 2012. I know have 5 charms. Anyone else have a Pandora bracelet? I was stumped at how I would add the charms as they wouldn't fit over the clasp... lol. Then I realized they screwed on AND the stoppers come off. That was a fun few hours and I'm still being made fun of for not knowing how my own bracelet works. Oh well.

I'm going to start a lot earlier looking/getting gifts for family. It was entirely too stressfull this year. I also want to start a fund for a vacation/trip. I think my Aunt will want to go to the Cape again this coming summer so that will be lovely.


What is everyone looking to do for 2013? Can be goals to accomplish, things to get, places to go.... etc.

No comments: