Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hump Day!

Hi all.

I haven't posted since Monday but nothing noteworthy has really happened, hehe.

Anyways, I decided to do a post today because I'm happy it's the middle of the week. I started using some mineral makeup yesterday by Naked Minerals (their Almond shade). I've been looking into doing a powder foundation for the summer because liquid just feels too heavy for me. As this is only my second day I don't have a LOT to say about it but so far so good. I was surprised and impressed by how little I had to put on to achieve the coverage I wanted and I like that it does not make me shiny. I feel like my liquid foundation added quite a shine to my face. Also, I feel a lot less oily/dirty by the middle of the day. With my liquid foundation I'd have to curb the desire to go wash my face after lunch.

However, the corners of my nostrils (where they meet my face and blackheads like to hang out) is wicked irritated by this powder. I don't know what it is but I'm constantly wanting to wipe,itch,rub right around there and it's driving me a little crazy. Anyone have any cures for this?

This is my first time using powder foundation and its a mineral formula that's pressed (have heard lots of rants about the mess loose minerals gives ya so went with pressed). Besides the itchiness around my nose it is great! I barely have to put on any bronzer either because it is a duo which has a light and dark shade.



On a non-makeup note I was accepted into a pilot program for my work which will give me 4 day work weeks (but 10hr days). This will start after July 4 and I'm both excited and scared, lol. I don't mind my 8hr days so much but I really like being able to get out at 3:30. With this pilot program I'll be out at 5:30 and so at work 2 extra hours. I don't think it should be a huge problem and am hoping I'll be able to be MORE productive. We shall see. I'm excited to be able to start my weekends on Thursday (and not just because my boyfriend has Fridays off). I'll be able to schedule doctors appointments and the like on fridays without having to take sick time, yadda yadda (so annoying!)

Sooo, yeah. That's all. Happy hump day!

No comments: