Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving - Review


Here is my review of Rimmel London's Stay Matte foundation in the color sand (300) - I've been using this foundation pretty much since the weather got a bit colder and my powder foundation just wasn't cutting it for keeping me moisturized. I'm not a fan of looking "dewy" like many others because I feel like I just look oily so the 'matte' portion of this product's title really grabbed me. I read good reviews on MUA so I decided to pick this up (I also purchased the pressed powder).

First: This is a very THICK and full coverage foundation so it took a bit for me to get used to the feel of it on my skin. I actually add some of my moisturizer to this just to thin out the consistency but other than that I LOVE it. It really does make my skin look flawless and minimizes pores like it says. However, I don't know about this "clarifying" claim. My skin hasn't cleared up. It states that it lasts for 12 hours but I only wear it for about 8 because I go to the gym after work and before I get my sweat on I wash it off. You definitely will need some good makeup wipes with this as I said it is a thick formula and seems pretty water resistant.

I didn't really have any cons with this but, as I mentioned, for anyone who likes that infamous "dewy" look you probably would steer clear of this foundation or invest in a good highlighter/illuminator to put on top.


Thanksgiving just passed! What did everyone do for theirs? I actually got to have TWO Thanksgivings this year - one at my boyfriend's house and then one at mine. Also, I visited my Dad and his side of the family for the first time and it was great. One of my cousins just had a baby boy (2 months old) and I got to cuddle him the whole time. I didn't bring my camera though, UGH! I told my cousin I better get a call though if they ever want to go out. They just live in Lynn so not a huge haul. I told him I'd babysit for free! Haha.


Did anyone go all out for the Black Friday? I got exhausted watching all the commercials for 3am-4am deals and, mostly due to being sick and poor, did not get up at that ungodly hour to shop. I did hit the mall around 10am though but I couldn't find anything I was looking for - it was utter chaos in all the stores I went to with stuff just thrown around. I felt bad for the employees, they all looked so frustrated. Haha. So glad I'm not in retail anymore!


I actually just did a big shop online today for "cyber monday" and knocked out all but 3 on my list, woo! I'll probably pick up a few more things for people before Christmas is here but I'm relieved I got something for almost everyone already! I did all my shopping at Kohl's - They have a 15% off for all orders like $50 and under with free shipping using CYBER15 and then 20% off orders of $100 or more with free shipping using CYBER20, ended up with $30 off my order!

Well, that's all folks! I hope you all had a great holiday and are doing well :-) Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: