Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Jergens Natural Glow product review


So, I forgot whose blog I was reading but they recommended using Jergens Natural Glow as an alternative to spending hours in the sun or using tanning beds and so I decided to give this a shot.

I've never been one for caring much about whether or not I look tan but due to my boyfriend having gone to Florida for a week I was sort of self-conscious about my pale skin being compared to his so I did go tanning several times.

I got tan then but am not really wanting to continue to go to the tanning bed all the time because of everything people say it does to your skin (skin cancer, wrinkles, etc.) so I actually went out and bought the Jergens stuff.

I bought the Natural Glow revitalizing daily moisturizer as well as the Natural Glow foaming daily moisturizer (for your face).

I've been using this for about three days now and last night at the gym I saw my friend Jessica who I haven't seen for about 4 days or so (when she told me my tan was fading) and the first thing she said to me was "Have you been tanning? Like, a lot?" I cracked up because she sounded worried for me.

So - My review -

The product very obviously works. It comes in Fair, Medium, and Medium/Tan and I believe I got the Medium one.
The only thing BAD I have to say about the product is the smell and I really do not like the way the foaming stuff feels on my face. It says on the back of it to use a golf sized amount - DON'T! I suppose you don't have to get the foaming one as you can just put the revitalizing moisturizer on your face in addition to your body. It is a really creamy formula and it does make your skin feel moisturized like any other lotion. BUT it has that fake tanning stuff smell to it that I really don't like and it overpowers my current perfume. Boo.

No comments: